Summaries of Bills C-51 & C-52 - Freedoms At Risk!
"What many may not be aware, that while we may have been able to prevent 2nd reading of Bill C-51, much draconian legislation in secrecy of course may very well have been incorporated in Bill 52 which did pass 2nd reading!"
This post provides more information on Bill C-52, which at first brush, appears very similar however, more details are attached in the discussion paper below the summary of Bill C-51.
Thanks for to Croft Woodruff for sending this:
Canadian Rights And Freedoms Are At Risk
An Important Notice Regarding Bill C-51
On April 8th, 2008, the Canadian Minister of Health introduced Bill C-51 into the House of Commons. This Bill proposes significant changes to the current Food and Drugs Act that will have wide-ranging negative implications for Canadians.
Bill C-51 will:
Remove democratic oversight, bypassing elected officials to vote in laws and allow bureaucrats to adopt laws from other countries without our consent.
Remove 70% of Natural Health Products from Canadians and many others will be available by prescription only.
Restrict research and development of safe natural alternatives in favor of high risk drugs.
Punish Canadians with little or no opportunity for protection or recourse for simply speaking about or giving a natural product without the approval of government. More than 70% of people in Canada use a Natural Health Product.
The new law goes so far as to warrant action against a person who would give another person an "unapproved" amount of garlic on the recommendation that it would improve that person's health.
Proposed New Enforcement Powers:
* Inspectors will enter private property without a warrant - Section 23.4
* Inspectors will take your property at their discretion - Section 23.2 a
* Inspectors will dispose of your property at will - Section 23.3 c
* Inspectors will not reimburse you for your losses "
* Inspectors will seize your bank accounts "
* Inspectors will charge owners shipping and storage charges for seized property - 23.3a-b
* Inspectors will be empowered to store your property indefinitely - Section 23.2 d
* Inspectors will levy fines of up to $5,000,000.00 and/or seek 2 years in jail per incident
* With your assets and money under their control will you be able to defend yourself in Court?
* Can you trust government with this new law and enforcement power?
* Would our government really ever turn this law against us?
Read the following account.
In 2003 Health Canada launched an attack on a group of mentally ill patients and the company who supported them naturally. They seized shipments of a safe natural therapy required by the patients and stormed the support center with 17 armed officers and agents. The company (Truehope) reported that they lost contact with more than 300 of their Canadian participants. The Canadian Mental Health Association told of suicides as a result of government action. Health Canada then charged the not for profit company, burdening them with heavy legal costs. Truehope was found innocent by necessity and instructed by the judge to continue under legal and moral responsibility. Although the agents admitted knowing they were injuring people through their actions, they stated under oath they care only about policy and directive. And what happened to the more than 300 mentally ill Canadians that became unreachable? In the months and years following, reports of hospitalizations and suicides during the seizures have surfaced. No Health Canada agent has ever been charged.
" Will this new law be used to abuse and punish special interest groups, minorities, religious groups or others? "
Why do bureaucrats want to bypass the Parliament and Senate's approval to create new laws? "
Why do bureaucrats want seizure warrants without judge approval ? "
With fines being increased a 1000 times, and seizing authority without a warrant, is Bill C-51 meant to bankrupt and silence its target audience?
Thanks to Rose Stevens for forwarding this:
Readers Digest Version of Bill C 52
The real change brought about by Bill C-52 is not that it protects consumers, as the current law already grants the State significant powers to protect safety. Rather the real change is the abolition of procedural safeguards citizens currently enjoy.
• Bill C-52 abolishes the law of trespass thus allowing the State access onto private property without any legal recourse.
• Bill C-52 allows the State to seize property without a Court order, without reporting the seizure to a Court, and for an indefinite period.
• Bill C-52 allows the State to assume control over the movement of private property without a Court order and without a safety concern.
• The search and seizure powers in Bill C-52 are probably unconstitutional for violating the right found in section 8 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms to be free from unreasonable search and seizure.
• Persons can be fined and have property forfeited to the State for administrative violations. Persons so charged have no right to have a Court determine their guilt or innocence. Guilt is determined by the Minister.
There is no defense of due diligence or of honest but mistaken belief.
There does not have to be a safety risk to be charged with an administrative offence.
The Minister who determines your guilt or innocence can keep seized property if he finds you guilty.”
Here's what you can do to protect your rights:
Educate Yourself " Go to www.stopc51.com, nhppa.org/, www.helpstopbillc51.ca and / or www.healthcanadaabuse.com and send the E-Action Protest letters immediately.
Read discussion discussion papers on Bills C-51 & C-52
Tell others about it . Get involved
Talk to your local Press
Contact your local MP Click Here
Ask the leaders in your community to get involved
Contact your MLA
Print off this fact sheet and hand it out in your neighborhood.
Curing the Incurable: Vitamin C, Infectious Diseases, & Toxins
C-51 Committee on Health Outcome - Report From The Trenches
Bill C-51: May 8th 2008 CCHF Input
Legal Shenanigans - Bill C-51
Our Therapeutic Foods Are Not Drugs
Bills C51& C52 - More Regulations To Protect Us Of Course
posted by Chris Gupta on Thursday May 22 2008
URL of this article:
Drinking Water Fluoridation is Genotoxic & Teratogenic
This paper by Prof. Joe Cummins is a very important 5 minute delegation made to London Ontario Canada "Civic Works Committee" public participation meeting on January 25, 2012 on fluoride*. While a bit technical it is short and easy to grasp. A must read as it goes to the heart of the matter regarding the well established toxicity of fluoride which is well in all scientific circles even before water... [read more]
February 06, 2012 - Chris Gupta
Democracy At Work? - PPM On Fluoride
Here is a commentary on the recent (Jan, 25th, 2011) Public Participation Meeting (PPM) on Fluoride in the City of London, Ontario. The meeting started with a strong pro fluoride stance form the City engineer. His lack of knowledge on chemistry of the toxic wastes used to fluoridate water could embarrass even a high school student never mind his own profession. He blatantly violated his "duty to public welfare" as... [read more]
January 29, 2012 - Chris Gupta
"Evidence Be Damned...Patient Outcome Is Irrelevant" - From Helke
Further to The Future of Complementary/Integrative Medicine & Patient Choice, here is an important must read and act note from Helke Ferrie, a superb Medical Science Writer and Publisher. Now that the true colours of the well known shortcomings of allopathic medicine are being discovered en mass, the screws are being tightened by the pharmaceutical masters on their medical puppets. It seems that they are prepared to stop at nothing.... [read more]
September 16, 2011 - Chris Gupta